1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Watch Live Planning Commission Meetings
  10. Submit an Online Police Report
  11. Tracy Municipal Code
  12. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments


How do I sign up for water, sewer, and garbage service?

The homeowner, renter, or business must contact the City's Finance Department at City Hall, 333 Civic Center Plaza (209) 831-6800, to sign up for water, sewer and garbage service. When moving, the homeowner, renter or business is also required to contact the Finance Department to close the account and make arrangements to have the water shut off.

How do I get my City street tree trimmed?

The City currently has a goal to trim all City trees every five (5)  to seven (7) years depending on species and availability of funds.  Please contact Public Works at 209-831-6300 to see when your area may be trimmed.

Who do I contact regarding parks maintenance?

Maintenance of City parks is the responsibility of Public Works. Contact Public Works at (209) 831-6300 for concerns regarding City parks.

Who repairs City sidewalks?

Public Works, Sidewalk Maintenance Division, is responsible for the maintenance and repair of broken sidewalks damaged by City street trees. Other sidewalk repairs, depending on the situation, may be the responsibility of the City or the property owner. Please call (209) 831-6300 to report a sidewalk in need of repair.

Who fixes potholes in City streets?

Public Works, Street Maintenance Section, is responsible for repairing potholes on City streets. Please contact (209) 831-6300 to report a pothole.

Who can unplug my sewer line?

If there is a blockage in your sewer service line between your approved City cleanout (near the street) and the main line, the City will unplug the line. If the plug is between the cleanout and your home, it is your responsibility to unplug the line. Please contact (209) 831-6300 to report a plugged sewer.

Who replaces missing or damaged street signs?

Public Works, Traffic Maintenance Section, is responsible for replacing or repairing City streets signs. Please visit user.govoutreach.com/tracy or call (209) 831-6300 to report a missing or damaged sign.

Who repairs street lights or signals that are not working?

Utilities Department, Electrical Maintenance Division, maintains all City street lights and traffic signals. Please visit user.govoutreach.com/tracy or call (209) 831-4481 to report any problems. Please provide a location and pole number for street lights to facilitate repairs.

Who unplugs storm drains during street flooding?

Public Works, Maintenance and Operations Division, responds to flooded areas. Please call (209) 831-6300 to report the location.

When does my street get swept?

City streets are swept once every two weeks. The City maintains a regular street sweeping schedule. If you would like to know when your street will be swept, please visit the Street Sweeping section of our website to view/print schedule and map or call (209) 831-6300.

What is my water pressure?

Public Works has compiled water pressure information throughout the City. Please call (209) 831-6300 to obtain the water pressure for your area.

Whom do I contact regarding the taste of my City water?

Please contact Utilities at (209) 831-6302 if you have concerns regarding the taste of your City water.

Who controls the dust at construction sites?

Contractors are required to provide dust control at their construction sites. Should there be a problem with dust from a construction site, please contact Development and Engineering Services, Construction Management Division, at (209) 831-6400.

Where can I go to dump excess garbage, trash, etc.?

All garbage, trash, etc. can be taken to the Tracy Material Recovery Facility (MRF) located at 30703 South MacArthur Drive (209) 832-2355. The MRF is operated by Tracy Disposal Company.

Who replaces missing garbage cans or recycling bins?

Tracy Disposal is responsible for replacing all garbage cans and recycling bins. They can be reached at (209) 835-0601.

Where can I recycle cans, etc.?

Recyclable materials can be taken to the Tracy Recycling Buyback Center operated by Tracy Disposal.  The Center is located at 590 E. 10th Street. For more information, call (209) 835-0601.

Where can I take used motor oil?

Kragen Auto Parts, 3323 North Tracy Boulevard – (209) 836-0606.
Speedee Oil Change and Tune-up, 711 West Grant Line Road – (209) 836-1557.
Tracy Material Recovery and Transfer Station, 30703 South MacArthur Drive – (209) 832-2355 (also accepts used vehicle batteries).

How do I know if I am part of a Landscape Maintenance District (LMD) and which one?

You can call the main phone number for Public Works at (209) 831-6300 to obtain this information.

Does the City add fluoride to our water?

The public water supply does contain low levels of naturally occuring fluoride in its water supply. This naturally occuring fluoride typically is derived from erosion of natural mineral deposits.

Do we have hard water?

The City of Tracy obtains 97% of its public water supply from surface water sources: Stanislaus River via South San Joaquin Irrigation District (70% of water demand) and San Joaquin Delta via the Delta Mendota Canal (27% of water demand ). Both surface water sources are treated to meet Federal/State water quality standards. The sources are considered to be low in minerals and considered soft water. The minerals which contribute to water hardness are calcium and magnesium and are primarily found in groundwater sources (well water).

As of April 6, 2021, due to reduced water allocations from our surface water suppliers, the City of Tracy is using more groundwater (wells) than it has historically.  All water quality standards are being met and/or exceeded.  Hardness value varies throughout the CIty, and where you live will determine your water hardness value.  The City does publish its averages for water harness biennially, however, you may want to sample directly at your service location in order to determine your area's hardness value as a best practice.

For more information regarding residential water quality, please click on either of these links: Environmental Compliance and Water Resources.

Does the City have an RV dump and does it cost anything?

If you are a resident of the City of Tracy, there is an RV Dump Station located at 3900 Holly Drive, free of charge.

NOTE:  There is NO potable water available at the station.

Hours of Operation are: Monday - Friday from 5 am to 5 pm.

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel